Congratulations to David Ewing being elected to the position of Vice Chairman and Jim Ross being re-elected to Sports Director.
The Board of Directors look forward to working with both members in the years to come.
For the attention of Scottish Karate Governing Body Limited association chairpersons
Notice is hereby given the Annual General Meeting of Scottish Karate Governing Body Limited will be held at:
The Dakota Hotel
1-3 Parklands Avenue,
Eurocentral Business Park,
at 7.30 pm on Friday 19th May 2023.
James A Miller
SKGB Company secretary
From the beginning of April 2023 the SKGB website is moving to a new domain name karatescotland.com.
All pages of the previous website will be automatically forwarded to the same pages on the new domain name, so you should not notice any difference to existing links.
Please change any links to the SKGB on your website, documents and social media to the new website domain name moving forwards.
We hope this will be a valuable new contribution to promoting and supporting Karate in Scotland and internationally.
Competition details are:
- BKF Four Nations 2023 Championships.
- 8th and 9th of April 2023.
- Ravenscraig Regional Sports Facility, O’Donnell Way, Motherwell, North Lanarkshire, ML1 2TZ.
- Sportdata link : SET Online Karate: BKF Four Nations 2023 (sportdata.org)
BKF Four Nations Championship 2023 Bulletin attached
Thank you kindly,
Raj Bhardwaj, 4th Dan
Head of Association, Hei Jo Shin (Dojo of Tranquility)
BKF Tournament Organiser
Diamond Dojo, 223 Gloucester Crescent, Wigston, Leicestershire, LE18 4YH
Happy International Women's Day!
The SKGB would like to wish our members a happy International Women's Day. Congratulations and thank you to every woman and girl who has started karate this year, continued to improve their karate, dedicated their time to coaching in communities across Scotland, gained qualifications as coaches or officials, or taken part in competitions at home and abroad. We have a wealth of talented women and girls in Scottish karate who continue to inspire women, men, girls and boys alike - thank you!
Director of women and girls interests
The Scottish Karate Governing Body Limited completes UK Anti-Doping Assurance Framework.
The Scottish Karate Governing Body is delighted to announce its completion of the Assurance Framework, which National Governing Bodies (NGBs) must fulfil to certify to UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) that they are meeting their anti-doping responsibilities.
Please see attached press release.
Scottish Karate Governing Body Ltd
UK Anti-Doping summary of activities 2022- 23
This resource is in support of UKAD Assurance Framework. It outlines a summary of activities carried out by The Scottish Karate Governing Body Limited in the year 2022 -23 as part of its ongoing promotion of Clean Sport within Scottish Karate.
The Scottish Karate Governing Body Limited is opposed to the use of performance enhancing drugs and doping practises in Traditional and Sport Karate and fully supports the positions of the International Olympic Committee, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and UK Anti-doping against the use of banned substances.
Clean Sport Education Strategy and implementation Plan
2023 will see the introduction of a new anti-Doping and education strategy for Scottish Karate.
Our mission from 2023 – 2027
Is to establish Scottish karate as a clean sport.
Our education strategy
We will be able to target all elite athletes and SKGB coaches (in excess of 200) over the next 2 year period with our education program and have in place 3 Anti-Doping educators and a lead officer to deliver our strategy.
UKAD compliance and review 2022/2023
Over the last year the SKGB have achieved the following to assist us in implementation of our strategy and education plan.
- Complied and Implemented UKAD 24-point framework
- Appointed lead Anti-Doping contact (Mr James Miller)
- Appointed Anti-Doping officer (Professor Adriano Rossi)
- Circulated WADA 2023 list to SKGB members
- Education implementation strategy and plan in place
- Agreed to organise seminars with elite athletes at national squad training in 2023
- Agreed to educate over 200 SKGB coaches onto the UKAD coach program over the next 2 years.
- Will circulate our strategy and plan to all stakeholders and post on the SKGB website.
- Implement our plan into the SKGB 1- and 4-Year plan relating to 2023/2027
- Updated the SKGB website to include a section only for UKAD
- Inserted UKAD logo onto the SKGB website giving direct access to the UKAD website
- Looking to establish three Anti-Doping educators.
- Worked with Sportscotland and UKAD on compliance.